The primary purpose of the CTCLC Cosmetology Program is to train students in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to obtain licensure and for competency in entry-level position in cosmetology or a related career field.
The 1,250 clock hour education is provided through a sequential set of steps that address specific tasks necessary for state board preparation, graduation, and entry-level job skills. Clinic equipment, implements, and products are comparable to those used in the industry. Each student will receive instruction that relates to the performance of useful, creative, and productive career-oriented activities. The course is presented through comprehensive lesson plans that reflect effective educational methods. Subjects are presented by means of lecture, demonstration and student participation. Audiovisual aids, guest speakers, field trips, projects, activities, and other learning methods are used in the course.
Licensure is granted upon completion of 1,250 documented hours and a minimum grade of 75% on the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology theory and practical exam.
Topics of Study:
1. Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
2. Practice effective communication skills, visual poise, and proper grooming.
3. Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
4. Perform basic manipulative skills in the areas of hair styling, hair shaping, hair coloring, texture services, scalp and hair conditioning, skin and makeup, manicures, pedicures, and nail extensions.
5. Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper makeup, hairstyles and color application for the clients overall image.
6. Apply learned theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
To ensure continued career success, the graduate will continue to learn new and current information related to skills, trends, and methods, for career development in Cosmetology and related fields.
A comprehensive library of references, periodicals, books, texts, and DVD/audio tapes are available to support the course of study and supplement student training and Milady Standard of Cosmetology and the State Board Exam.
Cosmetology Instructor (additional 500 hours required)
Theatrical make-up & styling
Sales representatives for cosmetic firm
State Board Member
Hair Color Specialist
Natural Hair Braider
Post-Secondary Options (with additional training):
Cosmetology School Supervisor
Employers who have Hired our Students Include:
Mastercuts at the Viewmont Mall
Smartstyles at Walmart
Jc Penny Salon
Rejuven Essence Salon & Spa
Alexander’s Salon & Spa
Regis Salon D.C.
Pro Hair Design
Renee’s Twisted Scissors
Student Success Stories: